When you’re in your backyard and you suddenly have a dozen mosquitoes swarming around you, it only makes sense to wonder, “Where did all of these mosquitoes come from?” Well, there are many places in your yard that mosquitoes can hide and wait for you to appear. We’re going to take a quick look at these places and talk about how professional pest control technicians use these hiding places against them.
While there may be mosquitoes roaming around when you first go out into your yard, most of the mosquitoes that mob you are mosquitoes that are hiding, especially in the middle of the day when the sun is high in the sky. Mosquitoes need moisture to live. The hotter and dryer it is, the more likely they will be to hide. These hiding places include:
- Under the leaves of ornamental plants and in bushes, shrubs, and small trees. These offer shade from the hot sun.
- Inside toys that are scattered around the yard. Toys hold water after it rains, and this is appealing to mosquitoes.
- Under decks, porches, and other structures. These areas can have shade and moisture. Locations that get a lot of shade prevent rainwater from being dried up quickly by the sun.
- Kiddie pools. If you have little children, there is a good chance you have a little pool. When these pools are left with water in them, mosquitoes will use them to stay moist or to lay eggs.
- Any object that holds water. If you have outdoor potted plants, mosquitoes can hide in the dish underneath them, or in wet soil under the plants themselves. If you have tarps covering objects in your yard, mosquitoes can hide under those tarps and lay eggs in water that accumulates on top of them. If you have obstructed gutters, these are the perfect place for mosquitoes to hide and breed. Anything that holds water or offers shade is a potential hiding place for mosquitoes.
Pest control specialists use these hiding places against mosquitoes by spraying them with a residual insecticide. When mosquitoes go to hide, they will be unable to avoid this insecticide. It has been scientifically proven that dead mosquitoes do not fly around your yard laying eggs anymore.
If you need help controlling mosquitoes on your property, we can help. The mosquito control professionals here at Active Pest Control use the most advanced protocols for ongoing mosquito reduction throughout the mosquito season. Get your service in place today, and start enjoying your backyard again.
Best Places For Mosquitoes To Hide in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia