If you own a restaurant in Atlanta, there is a good chance you’re busy right now. Not that you weren’t busy before, but the Christmas season increases business for restaurants in many ways. There is more foot traffic and road traffic this time of year. With more people out shopping, there is more of a chance you’re going to get customers. If you book family gatherings, those are sure to be on the rise. And, if you do any catering, you’re likely to have more parties to cater. That means this is the worst time of year to have a cockroach infestation.
When cockroaches get into a restaurant, they can cause many problems. They are dirty insects that feed on dead animals, rotting food items in dumpsters, and decaying organic material anywhere they find it. For this reason, it is not surprising that they are linked to the spread of 33 kinds of bacteria, six parasitic worms, and more than seven types of human pathogens. This makes them public enemy number one for the USDA and the Georgia Department of Public Health. If you’re looking to stay up to code, stopping cockroaches should always be a priority.
Because cockroaches are directly linked to illness, they can be a serious problem in many ways:
- Cockroaches contaminate stored foods and foods left out in the open.
- Cockroaches contaminate food prep surfaces, dishes, silverware, and tables.
- Illness can affect customers negatively. Not only is a sick customer unlikely to return, there is an increased chance they will leave a bad review for your business on social media.
- Illness can affect employees negatively. No one likes to work in a restaurant that has cockroaches. When an infestation breaks out, the first impact it will have is on the morale of your employees. But, over time, it can cause an ongoing frustration for employees who continually miss work because of illness.
- The smell of cockroaches is not only pungent, it is unsavory. Cockroaches can taint the taste of foods.
- Visual sightings in dining areas are sure to taint the atmosphere of your restaurant. But, worse than this, it can lead to an unexpected inspection. Health inspectors monitor social media.
There is never a good time to get a cockroach infestation, and in this busy season, it is worse because it can feel like there is just no time to deal with one. If you’re seeing cockroaches in your Atlanta business, let Active Pest Control address it for you. We offer industry-leading commercial pest control and customize our pest plans to meet the unique needs of our customers. Schedule service for your business today.
There Is No Good Time For A Cockroach Infestation in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia