With summer winding down, you’re likely wanting to spend as much time outdoors as possible. Whether you are hosting a backyard barbecue or reading out on your patio at night, the last thing you want to deal with is a pest problem. Mosquitoes, ticks, flies, lawn pests, and wasps are just a few of the many pests that can become quite a nuisance. At Active Pest Control, we know you want to enjoy your time spent in your outdoor living spaces to be pest-free, which is why we’re here to provide you with our top tips for pest-free outdoor living in your Atlanta area home.
Common Pests in Your Yard
The time of year that provides nice enough weather for you to be outdoors is also the time of year when pests are most active! Whether you have a garden in your backyard or couches and tables on your deck, you will likely encounter some of the following pests:
How to Prevent Pests in Your Outdoor Living Space
To keep pests away when you’re in your yard, there are several things you can do. The best ways to keep pests away in your outdoor space are as follows.
- Get rid of standing water. Mosquitoes only need a half inch of standing water to breed.
- Keep your lawn and shrubs trimmed. Overgrown grass or vegetation provides mosquitoes and ticks with shelter.
- Know how to look for ant hills. Even a tiny mound can contain thousands of ants inside.
- Check wood structures. Termites and carpenter bees will damage your wooden decks or porches.
- Use an insect repellent. Insect repellent containing DEET will help repel mosquitoes and ticks.
- Clean your patio or space regularly. Crumbs or spilled liquids will attract ants and other insects.
Year-Long Pest-Free Living
Pests are just a fact of life outside. However, you don’t have to let them ruin your time spent in your own backyard! For help implementing pest-free outdoor living tips, the experts at Active Pest Control can help. Contact our residential exterminators to learn more.
Top Tips for Pest-Free Outdoor Living in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia