Within our busy lives, many people often don’t take the time to inspect the intricate and detailed places within their home on a daily basis. When you are in a familiar surrounding like your living room or bedroom, you also may not notice little changes happening. During the warm summer months, you may even have […]Continue reading
If you’re looking to install insulation in your home, you’ve likely heard about TAP® Insulation. This popular home insulation method has a number of benefits and is an increasingly common installation for homes in the Atlanta GA area. In addition to providing great insulation and energy efficiency, it is prized for its pest control properties. Infused with borate, this pest resistant insulation works to ward off insects, wildlife, and other pest problems. The team at Active Pest Control is here to share expert information on why TAP is the superior home insulation product available to homeowners today.
TAP Insulation vs. Traditional Insulation
In addition to outperforming traditional insulation from a thermal and acoustical standpoint, TAP takes less energy to manufacture and has the added value of pest control features. Some other benefits that make TAP stand apart from other insulation options include:
- As an energy-efficient option, TAP can reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 30%.
- It is environmentally friendly by using recycled paper diverted from landfills to create the product.
- This insulation is capable of filling the nooks and crannies that are unreachable with traditional insulation.
- TAP is the only insulation registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- More cost-effective than traditional insulation, this is a one-time investment with no need for re-treatments.
- It can be installed over existing insulation and comes with a lifetime warranty.
What Pests are Controlled with TAP?
One of the biggest benefits of TAP is its pest control qualities. The insulation is infused with a borate product that will prevent and eliminate pests. Some of the pests affected by this insulation product include:
- Darkling beetles
- Lady beetles
- Termites (including Formosan termites)
- Boxelder bugs
- Stink bugs
- Kudzu bugs
- Bat bugs
How to Get TAP Insulation in Atlanta
For superior home insulation that also prevents pest problems, TAP is the answer. Active Pest Control is proud to be your local installer of TAP Insulation. Our certified technicians are licensed to install this pest control insulation in homes. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact our team today!