Flea Exterminators, Control & Removal
Your Local Flea Control Experts
Serving Atlanta Metro | Columbus | Augusta | Savannah
Fleas are a dreaded pest in any household. Homes with pets are especially vulnerable to flea infestations, especially if your cats or dogs spend time outdoors. Getting rid of a flea problem is no easy task, making it important to know how to prevent an infestation in the first place.
The flea exterminators at Active Pest Control know how distressing a flea problem can be for you and your family alike. Flea control is no easy task, which is why it’s crucial to get help from your local experts in flea removal.
What Are the Signs of Fleas?
The key to flea control is preventing or stopping an infestation early on. In order to never have to deal with a flea problem, it’s important to know the signs of a flea infestation:
- Adult fleas. You may be able to spot adult fleas. On your pet, they look like dot-like bugs hidden in the hind legs, head, or neck.
- Odd pet behavior. Excessive scratching, reddened skin, hair loss, pale gums, and bumps are all signs of fleas on dogs or cats.
- Flea dirt. Flea feces (called flea dirt) looks similar to coarse black pepper
- Flea larvae or eggs. Larvae look like minuscule white worms that are about 2-5 mm long with pale hairs covering their bodies.
Need a Flea Control Estimate?
Flea Removal for YOUR HOME
Act Fast on Flea Removal
Once fleas have infested your home, they can spread quickly to your bedding, pet items, carpets and rugs, furniture, baseboards, and more. Catching an infestation in its early stages is always the best way to stop fleas from spreading. If you have an infestation, you may need to enlist the help of a flea exterminator. Our Active Pest Control flea control experts will thoroughly inspect your property and help customize a flea management plan.
Best Flea Control Methods
To keep your home, family, and pets safe from fleas, it’s important to know how to prevent fleas in the first place! This starts with knowing how to look for fleas. Some other important tips to keep fleas away include:
- Take your pets to your veterinarian. Flea control products can safeguard your cats and dogs from fleas, which will effectively keep them out of your home!
- Keep nuisance wildlife out of your yard. Raccoons, opossums, deer, cattle, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, and skunks can all carry fleas and deposit flea eggs and larvae into your yard.
- Wash bedding frequently. If you suspect a flea may have gotten inside your property, run your pet’s bedding, laundry, sheets, and more through a hot wash.
- Vacuum thoroughly. Vacuum all areas of the home including upholstery. Carefully dispose of vacuum bags.
Georgia’s Best Flea Exterminators
When to Call an Exterminator for Fleas
A flea problem in your property can be a real nuisance. But can an exterminator get rid of fleas for you? Active Pest Control’s flea exterminators will work with you to ensure all signs of fleas in your property are gone, for good. Contact us today!
Need Help With Flea Removal?
Active Pest Control Reviews
– Chihiro Oguchi
Pest Control You Can Trust
Flea Exterminators, Control & Removal in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia