How Do You Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally?
You can find dozens of tips and tricks online that are supposed to help keep mosquitoes away. But how many of these options actually work. We believe that these are the best ways to repel mosquitoes naturally:
- Reduce the amount of open standing water around your house.
- Use fans while spending time in your outdoor area.
- Wear bright or long-sleeved clothing.
- Use essential oils like lavender, peppermint, and lemon eucalyptus.
Natural Ways to Prevent Mosquito Outbreaks
The most important method of keeping mosquitoes away naturally is limiting the number of attractants in your outdoor area. Getting rid of any standing water is the first step in the process. It often collects in birdbaths, playsets, buckets, gutters, planters, and more places. Regularly check for new accumulation around your yard and pour it out or cover it. It’s also important to remember that mosquitoes are weak fliers that hate the wind. You can block them from flying near you by using a fan when spending time outside.
Say Goodbye to Pest Problems for Good!
DIY Mosquito Repellent
\Essential oils have many benefits, but can they be used to repel mosquitoes naturally? Remember that it is vital to dilute essential oils with carrier oils as well as complete a skin patch test to avoid any poor reaction to the repellent. Here’s what we’ve learned about these mosquito home remedies:
- Lemon eucalyptus oil. Lemon eucalyptus is classified as a mosquito repellent by the CDC and the EPA. It has not been approved for children younger than three years old, though.
- Peppermint oil. Peppermint oil’s fragrance can keep mosquitoes away when mixed with a carrier oil like olive or canola.
- Catnip oil: Catnip oil is registered by the EPA as a mosquito repellent and is said to provide up to seven hours of mosquito protection.
- Lavender oil: Lavender oil is quite fragrant as well, and can also work in a solution to keep mosquitoes away.
Do Coconut Oil and Vitamin B Repel Mosquitoes?
Some people claim that taking vitamin B will reduce your chances of receiving mosquito bites. However, all research and studies done on the topic have found that it does not have this effect, and neither does coconut oil. When combined with essential oils, topical applications of coconut oil used on your skin can possibly help to repel mosquitoes. No matter what home remedy you try, make sure you consult your doctor about it first.
How Do You Keep Mosquitoes Away Naturally? in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia