How to Get Rid of Mice in Walls
Do you ever hear strange sounds inside your walls, especially at night? It could mean that mice have moved into your home and are crawling around out of sight. Mice are drawn to the warmth and shelter that our walls provide, but getting rid of an infestation in such a hard-to-reach area can be difficult. Here, the experts at Active Pest Control will give you tips on how to get rid of mice in walls – and keep them out for good.
How Do You Know if Mice Are in Your Walls?
Mice are experts at hiding and can squeeze into tiny spaces, which makes it very difficult to identify an infestation – especially if it’s happening deep inside your walls. However, there are little signs that can help you figure out if you’re dealing with a rodent problem. There may be mice in your walls if you notice:
- Scratching sounds: Mice are nocturnal and make a lot of noise as they travel through your walls, so you may notice scratching or gnawing sounds at night.
- Chewed-up belongings: Mice gnaw on things to keep their teeth trimmed. Look for signs of gnawing on your walls, furniture, or other belongings.
- Droppings: Mouse droppings are small and typically resemble dark grains of rice or small pellets. If you find these around your property, likely mice are hiding nearby.
- Visible holes in your walls: Inspect your walls for holes or gaps. Mice can squeeze through tiny openings, so even small cracks can serve as entry points.
- Nesting materials: Mice build nests using shredded materials like paper, fabric, or insulation. Check for these materials in hidden corners or behind stored items.
- A strong smell: A strong, musky odor might indicate that you have an infestation. The smell is usually stronger in enclosed areas with limited airflow, like a basement.
Say Goodbye to Pest Problems for Good!
What to Do if There Are Mice in Your Walls
It can be stressful knowing that your home has been invaded by pests. Dealing with an infestation takes time, effort, and patience, but it is possible. If you suspect that there are mice in your walls, here are some steps you can take:
- Seal potential entry points with caulk or wire mesh
- Remove food sources, such as trash or crumbs
- Use natural deterrents, such as peppermint oil
- Set snap traps near areas where mice visit
- Work with a licensed rodent control specialist
Rodent Removal Services in Georgia
If you want to get rid of your rodent infestation as quickly as possible, it’s best to partner with an expert. Licensed professionals have extensive knowledge and training, ensuring that your treatments are highly effective and safe for your family. At Active Pest Control, we carefully examine your unique needs to create a mouse removal plan that is tailored to your situation. Our team also provides ongoing support to ensure your rodent infestation doesn’t come back.
Have rodents hiding behind your walls? Call Active Pest Control for help today.
How to Get Rid of Mice in Walls in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia