Do you have a furry friend running around your Rome Georgia home? For some of us, it is impossible to imagine life without a pet. Their antics are a constant source of enjoyment. They bring us healing on those days when we have to stay home from work or school, and, they are a fluffy companion on this journey called life. That is why it is so important to have proper pest control in and around your home. Here are a few creatures found around your home that can hurt your furry family member.
- Fleas. It is no surprise to see this pest on the list. Fleas are a tormentor for dogs and cats. They are responsible for horrible dermatological issues that can cause your pet’s fur to fall out and scabbing to appear. They can spread tapeworms to your pets, especially dogs, when fleas that have tapeworm eggs are ingested. Fleas can carry diseases that cause fever, heart disease and even the plague. The solution to this problem is protective gear and medicinal treatment for your pet and a routine flea treatment for your lawn.
- Ticks. If you allow your dog or cat to spend any time in tall grass, you’re going to have ticks. Though they aren’t too much of a problem to remove, ticks can transmit diseases to your pet, like Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia, hepatozoonosis, cytauxzoonosis, ehrlichiosis, tick paralysis and others. There are a few things that you can do to prevent ticks; Keep your grass cut short and put a fence around your yard to keep wild animals from transporting ticks into your yard. Remove bird feeders so that birds do not deposit ticks near your home. Seal and secure all trash to avoid luring wild animals onto your property, and, get a routine pest treatment to kill ticks and tick eggs in your yard.
- Little red ants. If you have fire ants in your yard, your pet could get into some trouble. A single fire ant bite is only mildly irritating. But several ant bites over a long period of time can cause severe irritation of the skin, and vision loss. If you have fire ant mounds encroaching upon your property, it is important to have them removed by a professional. Do-it-yourself methods can cause fire ant populations to split and multiply. With this veracious pests, it is important to act quickly and aggressively to stop the spread.
- Stinging insects. Your pet is as susceptible to the dangers of stinging insects as you are. If you have a wasp, bee, hornet or yellow jacket nest on your property, your pet could be at risk. Yellow jackets can be especially troublesome because they build their nests in the ground where animals can get near them. They are also an aggressive swarming insect that can sting multiple times without losing its stinger. If you have a nest on your property have it removed immediately. Stinging insects grow their populations all summer long and in early fall they pose an even greater risk to your pets and your family. When you have no nests, you have less risk. It’s that simple.
- Wildlife. There are many creatures that carry rabies in their bodies. If your pet gets into a tangle with one of these, the results could be life threatening for your pet. If you believe a wild animal is living on your property, call a pest control company immediately.
Your pet is a part of your family. Always be aware of where your cat or dog is playing, and keep those areas free of dangerous pests. Pet sickness can be costly, both financially and emotionally. Stay protected with help from the professionals here at Active Pest Control. Let us protect all of your loved ones, including your four-legged family members from pests with one of our home pest service plans. Contact us today!
Family Pets And Household Pests in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia