Do you think you have mice in your home? Although it might seem like a quick fix and a minor problem, mice, along with many species of rodents, have the special ability to proliferate with ease. This means that the longer you wait to get rid of your problem, the worse it can become. Once you learn how fast mice can multiply inside your home, you will understand how important it is to take preventative measures to keep them out before the colder seasons start. The Active Pest Control technicians are here to hammer this point home. Read on to learn more about how fast mice can breed in Atlanta GA.
How Fast Can Mice Reproduce?
Mice display some of the most impressive breeding turnaround periods of all mammals here in Atlanta. Here are a few things to know about their reproductive capabilities:
- Female mice can birth 5-10 litters per year with up to 14 pups per litter at the most
- The mother can mate again immediately after birth and have a new litter within 25 days of her last one
- Mice reach sexual maturity after 4-6 weeks
- Mice can only breed indoors during the colder winter season
Based on these numbers, if you allow mice to make their way into your home in the late fall or early winter, you could have a home overflowing with mice within months.
How Do I Keep Mice from Breeding in my Home?
The best way to prevent mice from breeding in your home is to keep them out in the first place. Of course, sometimes mouse problems can be hard to avoid, and you have to assess your problem from a disadvantage. Fortunately, our techs at Active Pest Control have the answers for both:
- To deter mice: Check around your property for small cracks in your foundation, roof tiling, walls, or plumbing fixtures that they can sneak through. To take it one step further, ensure that your garbage cans are sealed and away from your home, keep your grass cut short, and clear away all yard waste. These measures will eliminate hiding places in your yard that will lead mice to find entry points to your home.
- To get rid of mice: Spraying diluted peppermint oil or apple cider vinegar along places of high activity can drive mice out of your house. Kitty litter and fabric softener sheets have also worked for some, but we recommend that these be supplemental and targeted to specific hotspots. If you want to set traps, ask your local rodent control experts about the safest and most effective options for your home.
Professional Mice Extermination in Illinois & Indiana
If your attempts to deal with mice in your home have been unsuccessful, it’s crucial to look for professional help before the problem gets any worse. At Active Pest Control, we train our rodent control specialists to conduct exhaustive rodent inspections, determining all nesting spots, access points, and vulnerabilities to get rid of mice in your home and keep them out for good. To learn more about our services and receive a free quote, contact us today!
How Fast Can Mice Breed In Your Home? in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia