Ant Prevention Tips
Serving Atlanta Metro | Columbus | Augusta | Savannah
If you’ve ever dealt with an ant infestation, you know how frustrating they can be to get rid of. Ants are a very common household pest in Georgia, making it important to learn the best ant prevention tips. To keep ants away, it’s recommended to maintain a tidy home and fix any moisture issues inside. To keep ants out for good, it’s recommended to team up with a professional ant exterminator such as Active Pest Control! Keep reading for our expert tips on preventing ants in your property year-round.
Ant Problem Prevention
Once you have them, ant problems can seem never-ending. To avoid the frustration of an ant infestation, there are several ant prevention tips to incorporate into your regular house cleaning routine:
- Avoid excess moisture in the home.
- Fix leaky pipes and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit ants’ ability to find food.
- Make sure your kitchen is clean and crumb-free.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in airtight containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Seal entry points, cracks, and crevices.
- Routinely inspect your property for cracks or other entry points, and seal them.
- Double-check that your windows and doors don’t have cracks, and consider installing screens.
Say Goodbye to Pest Problems for Good!
How to Keep Ants Away Naturally
It’s easy to understand why so many people are drawn to all-natural ant prevention tips. While DIY or at-home methods may work for preventing ants, they do not stand up to the test when it comes to controlling an infestation! That said, there are a few ways you can lessen the risk of getting ants. To keep ants away, consider planting mint around the perimeter of your home, using a vinegar and water spray solution, or spreading diatomaceous earth, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or black pepper around your property. To reiterate, these methods rarely work to get rid of ants, but could prove useful in ant problem prevention.
Ant Prevention Tips & Control
Sometimes an ant problem is inevitable, even when you’ve implemented all the ant prevention tips you could find. If you’re dealing with an ant infestation, it’s always best to call your local exterminators. The team at Active Pest Control will work to control ant problems and make sure you know how to keep ants out for good!Back to Ant Exterminators, Control & Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia