How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Mosquitoes will be attracted to places where they can breed and lay eggs in your yard. They need to find a source of still water to lay their eggs on in order to breed properly. To prevent mosquitoes from inhabiting your yard, you have to limit the number of spaces that they can use to breed. This process includes:
- Eliminating sources of still water
- Keeping covers on pools, spas, and birdbaths
- Placing screens on your doors and windows
- Leaving fans on while you’re outside
- Hiring a professional mosquito exterminator
Why Are There So Many Mosquitoes Around My House?
Certain climates are more prone to mosquitoes than others. Regions that show high humidity in the summer are bound to be teeming with mosquitoes for months. In addition, heavily wooded areas attract mosquitoes as a place of shelter. The most common reason for a mosquito outbreak in your backyard is an available standing water source that they can use as a breeding site.
Say Goodbye to Pest Problems for Good!
6 Ways to Prevent Mosquito Infestations in Georgia
Here are the most trusted methods of mosquito control that you can try for your home:
- Eliminate standing water. Pour out standing water that has collected in planters, buckets, gutters, or anywhere else, so that mosquitoes can’t lay eggs there.
- Use screens on windows and doors. This can keep mosquitoes out of your house when you want to have fresh air inside.
- Keep your yard organized. Keep your lawn cut short and your garden maintained. Trimming plants will prevent mosquitoes from using your yard as a resting spot.
- Install fans. Mosquitoes can’t withstand much wind, so fans can force them away from your backyard.
- Inspect your yard routinely. Always be on the lookout for potential mosquito breeding sites. It’s always helpful to involve your local exterminators in your search.
- For ponds, consider adding fish or an agitator. Some kinds of fish will eat mosquito larvae, and an agitator will stop mosquitoes from laying their eggs in your pond.
How Does Professional Mosquito Treatment Reduce the Risk of Infestation?
If none of these techniques stopped mosquitoes from taking over your yard, you should contact your local mosquito exterminators. The experts at Active Pest Control will implement exclusion techniques such as inspections, barrier treatments, and more to help you get rid of mosquitoes.
How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard in Georgia
Serving Your Pest Needs for Over 35 Years Across Georgia