These long, slender, flat nocturnal bugs may look like something out of a horror film, but they are generally harmless–unless you’re a piece of paper, important document, or a photo. Yup, silverfish eat these things. They also eat things like carpeting, clothing, coffee, dandruff, glue, hair, some kinds of paints, plaster, sugar, cereal, starchy foods, […]Continue reading
The answer to this question is simply that they can. But, no pest control question ever has a simple answer. Let’s break this down into three parts and see if we can get some insight into the insect known as the silverfish. If you have silverfish in your home, it is because they had a […]Continue reading
The bathroom is the place where we go to get clean. The last thing we want is for our bathrooms to be teeming with unwanted critters! Many kinds of pests are attracted to the moisture and humidity that accumulates in our bathrooms, whether that be for hospitable temperatures, water to drink, or to prey on the insects that are gathering there. Read on to learn from the experts at Active Pest Control about the types of pests that congregate in our Atlanta bathrooms.
Common Pests Found in the Bathroom
These three pests are some of the most common bathroom-dwellers in Atlanta GA:
- Ants: Some ants are attracted to the sweet scents of perfumes, body washes, shampoos, and other hygiene and beauty products in our bathrooms. They stick around for the standing water in our showers and sinks.
- Cockroaches: Roaches thrive in dark and humid environments, so if you have leaky pipes in the cabinets under your sink, you are creating the ideal home for roaches. They will also go so far as to eat soap and toothpaste!
- Silverfish: Silverfish are attracted to the same qualities in our bathrooms as roaches. However, they have a much harder time climbing smooth surfaces, so if you’re having trouble identifying the pests at the bottom of your shower or sink, you might be dealing with silverfish.
How to Prevent Pests in Your Bathroom
Keeping pests out of your bathroom starts with keeping things dry. Here are some extra measures that you can adopt into your regular cleaning routine:
- Wipe up standing water on countertops, water fixtures, and the floor
- Keep your bathroom properly ventilated—opening windows and using a fan can help reduce moisture on your walls caused by a hot shower
- Regularly check your plumbing fixtures for cracks or leaks
- Clean up residue from toothpaste, soap, or other hygiene products often
Following these steps should significantly reduce your liability for a pest outbreak in your bathroom. These tenets apply throughout your house, too—excess moisture and unnecessary filth always attract pests!
Keeping Your Bathroom Pest-Free in Atlanta GA
If you’re having trouble keeping pests out of your bathroom in Atlanta, talk to your local pest control company about your problem. At Active Pest Control, we train our technicians to perform comprehensive inspections, finding every potential source of excess moisture or other pest-inviting vulnerabilities. For more information on our services or a free quote, contact us today!
If you’re looking to install insulation in your home, you’ve likely heard about TAP® Insulation. This popular home insulation method has a number of benefits and is an increasingly common installation for homes in the Atlanta GA area. In addition to providing great insulation and energy efficiency, it is prized for its pest control properties. Infused with borate, this pest resistant insulation works to ward off insects, wildlife, and other pest problems. The team at Active Pest Control is here to share expert information on why TAP is the superior home insulation product available to homeowners today.
TAP Insulation vs. Traditional Insulation
In addition to outperforming traditional insulation from a thermal and acoustical standpoint, TAP takes less energy to manufacture and has the added value of pest control features. Some other benefits that make TAP stand apart from other insulation options include:
- As an energy-efficient option, TAP can reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 30%.
- It is environmentally friendly by using recycled paper diverted from landfills to create the product.
- This insulation is capable of filling the nooks and crannies that are unreachable with traditional insulation.
- TAP is the only insulation registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- More cost-effective than traditional insulation, this is a one-time investment with no need for re-treatments.
- It can be installed over existing insulation and comes with a lifetime warranty.
What Pests are Controlled with TAP?
One of the biggest benefits of TAP is its pest control qualities. The insulation is infused with a borate product that will prevent and eliminate pests. Some of the pests affected by this insulation product include:
- Darkling beetles
- Lady beetles
- Termites (including Formosan termites)
- Boxelder bugs
- Stink bugs
- Kudzu bugs
- Bat bugs
How to Get TAP Insulation in Atlanta
For superior home insulation that also prevents pest problems, TAP is the answer. Active Pest Control is proud to be your local installer of TAP Insulation. Our certified technicians are licensed to install this pest control insulation in homes. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, contact our team today!
Everyone knows that pest prevention is the best form of pest control, and TAP® Insulation is changing the pest control industry. This innovative home insulation surpasses all other insulation in efficiency, and also provides superior pest control for a number of insects. Made of more than 80% recycled paper, it is eco-friendly and is a smart investment for all property owners looking to prevent pest infestations. Read on to learn more about this game-changing TAP Insulation service offered by the Active Pest Control team!
What Pests are Controlled by TAP® Insulation?
The best feature of TAP Insulation is its pest control abilities. A borate-based pest control product is embedded within the insulation. When certain insects come into contact with the insulation, they will die off as they groom themselves and ingest the borate. Although TAP pest control insulation will not kill rodents or wildlife, there are many insects that it does kill, including:
Other Benefits of TAP Pest Control Insulation
In addition to controlling pest infestations, this home insulation is favored for its many other benefits. It can be installed over existing insulation or on its own and once it is in place, it never needs to be replaced. Some of the most desirable benefits of TAP pest resistant home insulation include:
- Reduces energy bill costs
- Reduces outside noises
- Made of recycled, eco-friendly materials
- Improves indoor air quality
- Mold & mildew resistant
- Not dangerous to humans or pets
- The borate serves as a fire-retardant
Pest Resistant Home Insulation Installation
Whether you own a new property or want to upgrade your existing insulation, TAP Insulation is the way to go. In addition to warding off pest infestations, it also reduces your energy bills and is an eco-friendly option. To learn more about TAP Insulation or to set up an appointment with Active Pest Control, give our team a call today!